Saturday, March 1, 2008

Golden Arches

I've thought about not posting this because I don't want anyone to think we are feeding our kids junk food, but it had to happen some day, right? Today Kat & Brody had McDonald's for lunch! We rarely ever eat there, but today Greg wanted a hamburger so we thought why not get something for K&B while we are there. They had a hamburger, chicken nuggets and a few fries. At first they seemed to really like it, but then Kat started dropping the nuggets from her chair so I had to get her something else to eat. I think the chicken nuggets were the biggest hit since they are used to eating Dino Nuggets. McDonald's definitely won't be a staple in our house, but every now and again is okay. I loved getting Happy Meals when I was a kid :).

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

How funny, my kids had their first cheeseburger tonight from Hardees! I wasn't thrilled about it, but it was kind of last minute! I'm going to put it on my blog too!!!!
Now, lets just see if we can not make a habit of it!!!! (hehehe!)

The Hayes Family said...

YAY! McDonalds! (not that we eat there all the time, but it is fun!) Also, I love how they have their feet up on their chairs!

Jill said...

I agree. How funny that you and Jennifer posted similar things. lol
We took the babies to Culvers today after lunch and they had chocolate custard and some fries. I swore I'd keep them from that food, but probably would be worse because when they were older they would go crazy on it cause we would never let them try it as a kid. Moderation and special times is fine in my mind. :)

Peggy said...

Every kid should have a happy meal every now and again! It's all American! We just fed Brandon and Faith some french fries for the 1st time tonight:)