Wednesday, March 12, 2008

9 years :).

Today Greg & I are celebrating our 9 year wedding anniversary. And by celebrating I mean Greg will be picking up some Chinese take-out on his way home from work and after Kat & Brody are in bed (around 7:30) we will eat dinner on the couch and put our feet up :). I can't believe that is has been 9 years already, time really does go fast. I remember the first time I ever saw Greg. It was my first day at Arizona State University and also my first day on a new job at the AZ Republic. I had to take the ASU shuttle and then the city bus to get to the paper since I didn't have a car. As I walked through downtown Phoenix, clutching my back pack and art portfolio I passed this guy with a very tall green mohawk, chains around his neck, tattoo's and a Rancid t-shirt. He didn't notice me at all, but I made sure to walk on the other side of the sidewalk when I passed him. Later that day I saw him again, this time inside of the AZ Republic walking down the hallway on a mission. It was later that I learned that he worked there! I learned that day to never judge a book by its cover :). Anyway, our 9 years of marriage has had so many highlights, too many to list. However, I will post a picture of the biggest highlight of them all (which I'm sure everyone knows). I feel very blessed to have Greg in my life and I'm looking forward to the next 9 years. Happy Anniversary Greg - I love you.

6 comments:

Jill said...

That is so sweet! I love hearing that story of how you first met him. We have our 7 year anniversary in June. Time does fly! Do you have pics of Daddy Greg in his green mohawk from years ago??? :) Maybe at your 10 year you can go on a trip, and Brody and Kat will be 2 1/2 by then (wow!!). Have a great chinese dinner!!!! Happy anniversary!

jennbecc said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun story. :) I remember the first time I saw Brian....he had a mullet and had just moved from Oklahoma. *LMAO* Love is blind I guess. I want to see a picture of Greg with this mohawk too! :)

Jennifer said...

I want to see a picture too! How funny! I would have never guessed that!!! I hope you all have a great night celebrating! Time does fly!!!!! Happy 9 years!

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! To celebrate, I think Greg should regrow the green mohawk. How hilarious. ;)

Peggy said...

He had a tall green mohawk?!?! What a cool story! I think chinese take out on the couch sounds wonderful:) Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary, Greg & Joanna! I'm amazed it's been 9 years already. Ben and I are about to celebrate our 5th anniversary and we're also stunned. Hmm, although Ben says it feels like we've been married longer than that. Is that a put-down? I enjoyed reading about the first time you met Greg. I'm 100% sure I didn't try too hard to cross his path at work back in his mohawk days. I remember he was always in a mad rush to get wherever he was going and with a nice toothpick hanging out of his pursed lips. Greg was intense, man. And I do remember at least one Halloween we all spent at Greg's little apartment in C. Phx. watching horror flicks. It was the perfect setting for it with all of his monster collectible toys still pristine and new-in-box. You two have come a long way and now you have two beautiful babies - two gifts from God. I'm looking forward to continuing our friendship for many more wonderful years! Love, Lisa and Ben, Dylan & Wyatt