
Today we took a walk around the open-air mall that is right near our house. It's still under construction, but a lot of stores are starting to open up so we decided to check them out. We are getting a Baskin Robbins (yea!) and a Chipotle soon. A new pizza place just opened up so we got a slice of pizza to see how good it is. When we walked in the lady waved to Kat and Brody and said hi. To my surprise Brody waved back! It wasn't an accident either. It was so cute. After that he continued to wave to us. First he waves in our direction, then he waves to himself as if to see what in the world his hand is doing. So all day now we keep waving to them. Kat will do the open and close motion with her hand, so she is starting to grasp that concept.
Then we went to Petsmart to see the animals. The really liked the birds, they could care less about the fish, and they got a kick out of the cats. But the big hit was the dogs. Brody squealed every time a dog was near. He had a huge smile on his face the whole time and cried when we left! I was so tempted to walk out of there with a dog for him, but maybe when he's a little older!
Also, last night I got my hair cut pretty short. When I came home B&K just stared at me a little funny. Kat crawled up to me and started grabbing at my hair (or what was left of it) and Brody just looked up at me like "I know something's different, but I'm not sure what" then went off to play (typical boy :)). I'm just happy they didn't cry. Greg cut his hair a few months ago, and Brody cried pretty hard when he saw him!

5 comments:
isn't that sweet??? i bet they just loved petsmart! how fun!
(and yum, yum on the baskin robbins!!!!)
I love how he watches himself wave...too cute!!
Thats great that he is waving! Ours aren't real wavers yet. I think they've tested the motion, but not that much.
That is such a neat idea to take them to a Pet store! We should do that! We look at animal books all the time so they would get a kick out of it!
Did you get a new stroller or is that one you already had - side/by/side?
Do you like your haircut???
I love the waving! We have been doing it for a while, but they just stare at us. Love the petstore idea, too. And I wanna see photos of the new haircut, so post them soon! ;)
Um, hello?? Where is the picture of your haircut?!?!
Brandon and Faith used to get upset if they saw my hair all wet or wrapped in a towel. I now have them used to everything. Wet head, towel, glasses/no glasses, hats..
Post a Comment