Saturday, January 12, 2008

Throwing food & learning new things

Kat's new thing now is to throw food off of her highchair. I watched her carefully to see if she was just randomly throwing food or picking and choosing. She is picking and choosing which food she does not want to eat and throws it to the floor. It's very strange, it's almost like they have had role reversal at meal time. Brody is now eating more foods and trying new stuff, and Kat is becoming the picky one. They seem to do this a lot, switching personalities just to keep me on my toes!

Kat has also figured out how to get down from the stairs. Here is a video of her thinking it through. Please ignore the screaming in the background. That was Brody getting frustrated with an empty cardboard box. He was tired and cranky. He was not being harmed in any way (although it sounds like he was!). I wasn't ignoring him, Greg was with him trying to get him to calm down.




Brody has started getting up on his knees today. This is a big step for him. He did it multiple times and we cheered him on every time. I'm hoping this is the beginning for him and that he will be crawling (not army crawling) soon. I get really nervous for him sometimes. Our neighbor's son is 10 months and has been walking since he was 9 months. I know you should never compare babies, but I just feel bad that Brody is struggling so much to just crawl. I know that he will get it eventually, hopefully soon as I think he is getting pretty frustrated pulling himself around.

3 comments:

jennbecc said...

LOVE THE VIDEO!!! Mine crawl up, but fall backwards and give me a heart attack. She is soooo smart. Yeah Kat!! :)

Jill said...

Wow! She is clever to figure that out!
I know what you mean about comparing babies. Some are just fast developers (although I wouldnt want an early walker!). He IS going to get it. I can see him making progress from your pictures and stories. And it was only a little bit ago that he wasnt sitting - so to be sitting and now getting up on his knees is great. I think they gain a lot of strength once they can go on hands and knees - and then the pulling up will come. Kat is also smaller baby and that can make a difference with strength too. Anyway, I know it is tough. You are such a wonderful mommy to help him so much. :) He is such a handsome little guy!

Peggy said...

Awww, she seems like she is being careful too. I didn't think Brody sounded like he was being harmed in any way. LOL It sounds like that in my house at least 3-4 times a day!