Since we don't have a play room for the babies, we are going to turn our loft into their play room. We have been playing up there more and more since Greg put up the baby gate. Usually after their bath we will just stay up there until bottle time. They seem to like it, but they are not happy when I leave. I stay up there with them the majority of the time though. We need to decorate it to make it kid friendly, but I don't know how yet. There is one empty space/corner (the 4
th picture) that I don't know what to do with. I was thinking putting in some built-in desks for when the get a little older? I can just see them sitting there doing their homework. I also can see Kat climbing on top of the desk and seeing if she can jump to the downstairs. We were also thinking about putting in a window seat, sort of like a reading corner. I guess I have all these dreams that Kat & Brody will sit up there quietly - reading their books, painting, studying, and learning math.




This was just a picture from tonight. I was reading "Polar Bear Polar Bear What do You Hear" to Brody. Kat was suppose to be finishing her bottle (that's why she's not in her PJ's yet, she was needing a diaper change), but she crawled over to me and wanted to be read to. They sat there while I read it through twice. They are starting to get into books more, they like to turn the pages.
1 comment:
That Loft has a lot of possibilities. Probably wont be a 'homework haven' for many years, but could be a pretty cool play area. Maybe even a kind of video monitor could allow you to go downstairs when they are older?? Or is that being overprotective?? The wallies type art could be cool up there.
Post a Comment