Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blueberries & Bellies

Tonight I gave Kat & Brody some blueberries with their dinner. Brody loved them! Kat ate a few then decided to drop them off her tray. I didn't realize how messy they would be, next time I'll have to feed them naked because they had it all over their clothes. They both have been doing a lot better at mealtime. I've read that you should feed your child the same thing you eat for dinner so that they learn to eat many foods and won't be so picky. So that's what we're trying to do. We had fish for dinner, so they got the leftovers for lunch. They both ate and seemed to like it. The only problem is when we have our "turkey taco night". I'll have to modify that a bit.


I have been noticing lately that Kat is starting to get a little belly on her. It's so cute and it makes me so happy to see her start to gain weight since she's always been so little. I can't wait to get them weighed at their 12 month well-check. I'm guessing that Kat is close to 17 lbs and that Brody is probably around 23 lbs.



And just a couple of pictures from today in their highchairs compared to some months before. I think they were around 4 or 5 months in that picture? I'm not sure. It just amazes me to see how they are growing. I can't believe in about a week they will be a year old!


3 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow! That's quite a difference! They looked tiny in those chairs:)
I love that shirt "hello i'm new here" Brandon has one too and I keep putting it back on him as soon as I wash it:) Brandon also has that same "all star" bib! I get a kick out of stuff like that:)

jennbecc said...

It's funny how lots of twin Mom's I know have the same highchairs. *L* We love ours. Kat looks like a tiny little peanut in her chair. SO CUTE!!! And how funny that Brody has almost the same expression. :)

Jill said...

WoW! big difference! Hey - Taco night - I have an idea for you!!! Last night we made turkey tacos and I took the turkey taco meat, mixed it with some rice and then melted cheese on it. The actually ate a lot of it. And I thought it was spicy too. Funny we were planning the same meal!
Its true though - they like to eat what we eat!

Yay for Brody finding another food he likes. Blueberries are SUPER healthy. Then they get blue fingers and lips. :)