Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year & Happy Birthday PopPop

I just can't get over that Christmas is over and 2008 is here! I'm sad about Christmas being over, but I'm also excited about the new year and all the new things to be experiencing with K&B. Today is my dad's birthday (happy birthday dad!) and we went to my dad & Paula's house to celebrate and eat what my grandma, his mom, made for him on his birthday every year - pot roast, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. It is also Kat & Brody's 11 month birthday and I am still not sure what to do for their first birthday party. So far I have reserved a ramada at the R&G Ranch on Jan. 26 and I have also reserved a ramada at the Scottsdale McCormick Railroad park on Feb. 2nd. I can't decide between the two and then I change my mind and think we should just have a little party at home. I guess I have 4 more weeks to decide :).

Some new things that Kat has been doing - she can now walk around the ottoman, along the couch and anywhere that she can hold onto while taking steps. She also can climb the stairs lightening fast. We put up baby gates this morning because it's all she wants to do. Brody watches her but doesn't seem interested in joining in. Thank goodness, I just don't think I could handle both babies doing that right now.

Kat & Brody with PopPop
(that is what the other grandchildren call him, so Brody & Kat probably will too. Brody was trying to squirm his way free.)

Kat & Brody with Riley, she was doing happy feet for them to get them to smile

Kat climbing the stairs. That's Greg's hand just making sure she doesn't fall backwards, he didn't help her at all.


A funny video of my dad opening a card that Mandi got him that said "Artsy-Fartsy" and then when the card opened it made a farting noise that everybody thought was funny. It's too cute!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to all!
I Absolutely LOVE your header! Its so perfect.:)

Jill said...

thats so cute! Your blogger title picture is soooooo cute!!!! you should get that printed and framed!