Sunday, December 2, 2007

Stomach Bugs all around!

It was not a fun weekend in the Polling house! Friday night both Kat & Brody woke up throwing up...a lot. Actually, Kat didn't wake up, when Greg checked on her he noticed that her crib was just soaked. So we got her up to change her and the sheets and that's when it really hit her. About 5 minutes later Brody woke up crying and throwing up too. Neither of them had a fever and they were actually smiling. We put them back down to bed and they both slept from about midnight - 6 am. But the next day was even worse and now I had it. Poor Greg had to take care of all three of us, I could barely get off the couch. The doctor on call said to feed them Pedialite (in small amounts) every 15 minutes to keep them hydrated. That seemed to work. Brody is feeling better and I can see Kat getting a little better - all day today she was so lethargic, but tonight we actually got a smile out of her. I am feeling better as well, but I'm sad to say that now Greg has it! Hopefully he won't have it more than a day, it felt like being hit by a truck and I'm an adult, I can't imagine how the babies felt :(.

3 comments:

jennbecc said...

Oh Gosh! I hope it's over quick for you and the babies. Mine had both V & D for over 10 days. It was horrible!!! My best wishes to you guys!

Jill said...

I was wondering where you were Joanna! I was getting worried imagining ER trips or something. :( I hope you all recover quick! How awful to be sick at the same time as the babies. But at least you seem to be getting through it! Yuck!
Stay healthy Pollings!
I just heard this natural stuff helps with the flu on my sidelines site:

Quote:
I use some natural remedies to help speed recovery from the flu. Oscillococcinum by Boiron is a homeopathic that has worked for us - use as directed on the packaging. You can disolve the pellets and give them to Lily as a precaution - it really works.

Also, Sambucol Anti-Viral Flu Care by Nature's Way is a syrup that helps stop the virus from replicating. It is made from Elderberries and has been tested in research studies and was proven to shorten the duration of the flu. I get it from a health food store. Sometimes during flu season it is sold out so call before sending someone to get it for you. BTW I took it when I was pregnant and give it to my kids just in case you are wondering about safety, but you can also do your own research.
end quote-

I have never tried this stuff, but I would if I was sick. The lady that posted it is very homeopathic, so maybe it does work??

Peggy said...

Oooh, I feel so bad for you!! Hydrate hydrate!
I hope every one is well soon.