Thursday, November 29, 2007

Need Opinions




This past week I have been noticing Kat's head is starting to look flat again. She has been out of her doc band (or helmet :) for a month now and just recently it has been looking the way it did before her band. We had a helmet adjustment for Brody today so while we were there I asked about Kat's head. They looked her over and said that it hasn't gotten worse but there still is some flatness. I asked if they thought she needed to be in another band and their response was if you are thinking and second guessing it then go ahead and get another helmet for her. They didn't say she needed it, but they also said she didn't. I don't know what to do because once her hair really grows out I think it won't be noticeable - but I'm not sure. But on the other hand, this is the only time it can be corrected and she would only wear it for about 3 months. So I am posting some pictures and asking for some honest opinions. Feel free to email me, call me, or post here what you think.

ps - Jill, I did add the arrow because nobody could see the flatness. I guess that's a good sign. We decided to wait over the weekend to make a decision (the place was pushing us to come in today but that was too rushed). Today I was looking at her and I didn't think it looked too bad, so I don't know.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I honestly don't see what you are seeing - and I even clicked on the pictures and enlarged them. But like they said if you feel you should, then go ahead. I do know Celia & Nicholas' heads are not perfectly shaped. They have some areas that are more bumpy than others. But, I think it is fine.
With the Doc Band, will the skull bones ALWAYS shift to some degree after the removal of the band? So, even if she has it on for 3 more months and takes it off, could her bones shift again? :)

Jim and Cindy said...

Me too...I am not seeng a flat spot but maybe I don't know what to look for. Mommy's always know their babies best!

Jill said...

Was your arrow there before???

I see what you are saying, but from here it doesnt look like much.
If it bugging you, then I would do it. 3 months goes by quickly and you won't be wondering if you should've.
Too bad the Drs won't TELL you what to do.

jennbecc said...

I don't really see it either. Maybe I'm just charmed by the beautiful red hair! :) What cuties you have!! My boys had bumps and flat spots too that were pretty dramatic when they were really little, but as they've grown they've gotten better and as their hair has started to come in in it's not as noticible. Our doc never suggested that it might be a problem so I guess I just thought it was normal for babies to have lumpy and flat heads....??? I'm not a doctor though so you need to do what you need to do.

Peggy said...

I could only tell with the arrow picture, but it doesn't look that bad to me. I wish I had a baby picture of my 8 yo son to show you. His head was so mishapened! I had no idea about the Doc Band at that time. I was told it was calcium deposits and it would get better as he grew older. It was so noticable that people always asked me what was wrong with him! Any who, 8 years later, his head looks perfect to me:) I agree to do what you feel is best.