Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas party & other events

This weekend was a very busy weekend - I think we were making up for last weekend when we were home bound with the flu!

Friday night I got my hair done, finally! My neighbor is my hairdresser so I took Kat & Brody with me to her house and set them up in the pack n' play while she did my hair. She has two dachshunds and Kat & Brody were just cracking up at the dogs, it was so cute. After that I went to a cookie exchange party with all the girls in the neighborhood and came home with way too many cookies to eat.

Then Saturday morning I went to a baby shower and Saturday early evening we went to Laura & Preston's for a Christmas party. It was a lot of fun and Kat & Brody had a blast (at least I think they did :). Sleeping that night is another story. They did not want to sleep last night and there was a lot of crying. I woke up this morning around 8:00am thinking they had slept in, but when I went downstairs there was Greg feeding them their morning breakfast. They had woken up around 6:15 am and Greg was so nice he just let me sleep me while he gave them their bottles and fed them breakfast. Then after that he took them for a morning walk and I was able to eat breakfast and read the paper in peace. It was a nice treat - Greg is too good to me!

After there morning nap we took them to Desert Ridge and had lunch - we all had pizza. Kat & Brody chewed on the pizza crust and loved it. It was cold outside and a little rainy. We also walked down to Petsmart and looked at the puppies & kittens. Greg was ready to walk out of the store with a kitten, but I think we are going to wait a little while on that (although I was tempted too). Now we are just waiting on a visit from grandma & grandpa Polling. It has been a fun & busy weekend!


Lisa, Laura & Sharon with Brody & Kat

Gretchen, Kat, Laura and Brody & I (Gretchen is schedule for her c-section(girl) in 12 days and Laura is due March 30th with a boy)

Brody & Wyatt (Lisa's youngest son)

Kat & Brody at Desert Ridge Marketplace eating pizza

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Thats one busy weekend! I have a hairdresser friend too.. I brought the babies over to get my hair done over the summer. It was nice! I haven't found the time to go back over and last night I caved and bought some Nice N Easy. LOL
How sweet of your husband! How cute! I had just posted on my blog about my husband being sweet and then I come over and read your blog with a similar story. We are blessed:)

Cute pictures! Those girls are pregnant? I can't tell! What's up with that??! j/k

Jill said...

What a super nice treat from Greg!!! I would love that! Although it is weird to not be the caretaker when you normally are. :)

I ditto what Peggy said - those girls look great for being pregnant from the pictures! :)

Kat & Brody are looking very big sitting on laps!!

Jill said...

I LOVE the picture in your blog title!!! So cute!!! How do you write on the picture??

Love it! Nice job!

Joanna said...

Thanks Jill - I did it in Photoshop, but if you don't have photshop I'm sure you can do it in any photo editing program. I just figured out how to reply to questions by posting myself :) (I think I got that from your blog).