Wednesday, November 7, 2007

New Things


Kat & Brody are learning a lot of new things that I thought I would report. First of all, Kat is pulling herself up on everything. Me, her toys, the crib, her bouncy seat, her brother, you name it! And she gets all the way up now, past her knees. But for some reason she feels like she is sturdy enough once she is standing and she'll let go of whatever it is she is holding onto - therefore sending me into a panic. She does this ALL day.


Secondly, Brody is our expert sitter! Well, almost our expert sitter. He will occasionally fall backwards, but he has now learned that he can use his hands to catch himself. He also has 6 teeth! He looks so goofy with his top teeth, it's really cute. They are just coming in, so it's hard to tell how they will look once they are fully in. But for right now he has a perfect Dave Letterman gap in-between the front two :). Unfortunately for him, so did I pre-braces. He is also trying to pull himself forward when his is on his tummy. I hope it won't be too long before he can start crawling.


They can both also hold their own bottle now if I use the smaller bottle. At 3:00 they only get around 4oz of formula so they are now self-feeding at this time. It's great because now I can finally watch Ellen without being interrupted (just kidding) -actually, I can do do dishes at this time and get stuff done. But I've noticed that I have to stay within view of them or they will throw the bottle down and start crying. Now, I just need to get them used to holding the bigger bottle and we'll be all set!

2 comments:

Jill said...

very cute updates. Nicholas is starting to pull up too - Celia once in a while. They have also been pushing their back legs all up way up while being on all 4s like a monkey (if you can imagine). It looks so silly.
We are getting closer to holding the big dr brown bottle too - but not quite. They can do the little 4oz bottle though. The moment I touch their bottle to adjust it they let go and want me to hold it. silly buggers!

Jim and Cindy said...

They look so big!