Monday, November 5, 2007

We're getting bigger!

Today Kat & Brody had their 9 month well-check with their pediatrician. Here are their current weights/sizes:

Brody - 20lbs 4oz. 29" long and head circ. 18.5". He is in the 45% for his weight, 75% for his height and 90% for his head.

Kat - 14lbs 13oz. 26" long and head circ. 17.5". She is in the 0% for her weight, 8% for her height and 60% for her head.

They have grown a lot, even Kat. The doctor was very happy with their development and said they looked really healthy. It was a super quick appointment with no shots. I am kicking myself because I had the opportunity to get their flu shots and I passed. I really want them to get the shots, but since I was by myself and they were both already crying I didn't think I could handle it. So now we will have to make a separate trip for the shots and hopefully Greg can get a few hours off of work. Also, Kat cried the loudest I've heard in a long time when the doctor was examining her. She is starting to go through stranger anxiety and anytime the nurse or doc came into the room she cried. It is so unlike her and it made me so sad to see her crying with her arms reaching out to me. She has been my little shadow all week. Brody on the other hand did really well. He cried when the doctor was examining him as well, but then was content in the stroller playing with his spider man that Greg got him last week. The doctor said we can take him off Nutramigen (his hypo-allergenic formula) and try him on soy. Other than that, not much more to report except for two happy, healthy babies :).

1 comment:

Jill said...

Celia SCREAMED during her check- up too. The Dr just said to her, "Celia, if you have a better way for me to look you over I am ready to hear it honey". Poor girl!
Ugh! I cannot imagine going to the appt myself. I recruited a friend from our church to go with me. You are brave! :)