Friday, November 9, 2007

Watching birds


Just thought this was cute. Greg over seeded the backyard this weekend for the winter grass and we have been having a TON of birds in our yard these last few days. So this morning, I look over at Kat & Brody who were really quiet and notice that they were staring at the yard with this amazed look on their face. I look out there and there have to be about 30 birds in our yard, those black crow like birds. So I sit Brody up so he can see better and they both sat there for the longest time, just hypnotized by the birds. And anytime one flew away they got a startled look on their face. I love watching them discover new things.

Also, about 30 minutes before that happened I was on the floor playing with Brody as Kat was crawling around. She crawls over to me to use me as her climbing post again when I notice she is really drooling. I look at her for a sec and realize she is chewing on something, so I scoop my finger in her mouth and out comes a rock! A good size one too. My sister and nieces were over yesterday and it must have come in the house on one of our shoes. I can't believe she found that rock and put it in her mouth. After I put them down for their nap, I combed the carpet really well for any other object that might end up in their mouths. I think this is only the beginning...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Somehow I missed this post!
Anyway - how funny about the birds! I wonder what they were thinking. It is amazing to watch them see something for the first time.
I thought you were going to say Kat had a tooth when she was drooling. Must've been a good rock. :)
I think it is just beginning! In a year from now we will have to dye our hair much more frequently - and if you havent started - you will need to!