We had a lightning storm tonight and the kids had fun watching the glow from the sky. Unfortunately no thunder or storms after that. We were hoping for rain. Kat kept calling it a nightlight in the sky :).If you can interpret what Brody is saying here, I'll give you $50 bucks.
Quinn and I sat and shared a banana today. I know, breaking news. I just thought we sort of looked like mom and daughter in this picture. Most people say the kids all look like Greg.


On Friday we had lunch at Costco and sat by the sweetest lady. She was older and used to be a nanny. I think she said for 17 years. Quinn smiled and played coy with her the whole lunch. When the sweet lady got up to leave she said to me that her husband had recently passed away and it was a nice treat to not eat alone today. It took all I could not to cry at that.
My sister has been gone almost 11 months now. Some days it feels like 11 days.
My dad (grandpop) came over on Friday to replace a door knob for us. For a few weeks our garage door knob has been stuck therefor cutting off access to the garage and garbage cans. So I had been piling up the poopy diapers outside so that I could make one trip at the end of the day. Unfortunately, I kept forgetting said poopy diapers were out there. You can imagine the smell. You're welcome neighbors.
Next week I'm going to put the finishing touches on my website and go live with it. I hope it's not a flop. I'll post a link to it once it's up.

2 comments:
girl, this post almost made me cry! remember that time we ran into Cory Tripp at the Souper Salad?...we were done eating but you wanted to remain sitting there because you did not want poor old Cory to eat alone. That was really nice of you. Gosh, I can't believe Stephanie has been gone almost a year...still hard to believe she is gone, but I know you feel her absence every day. I hate cancer.
I think about her all the time.
I can't believe how many people in this town look so much like her. Three times--three very surprising moments--a stranger has been the spitting image of Steph. It takes me by surprise.
She was so beautiful. Always. From my first memory of her when we were kids until the last pics I saw of her.
Steph is always in my thoughts. And yes, Quinn does resemble you in those banana pics. hee hee! Good golly your kids are so beautiful and have such personality!
Post a Comment