Today I got the kids signed up for the summer reading program at the library. And then we picked out a book each. Monsters on Machines for Kat and Superhero School for Brody - they picked them. We went home, read them and wrote them down on our form. THEN I made the mistake of telling them if they read 'x' amount of books this summer that they will get a toy in the end. Totally wrong wording on my part. What I should have said was 'prize'. Because first of all, they don't get a toy. They get probably a pencil, or a bookmark or poster. And I think possibly a Diamondbacks ticket if they're lucky. Secondly, all Brody heard was "blah blah blah toy blah blah blah" and starting whining for one right then and there. And thirdly, no matter what I said to try to fix my blunder they will be incredibly disappointed when it's time to turn our form in and receive our prize. Which will most likely be a sticker.
1 year ago

1 comment:
Great photo, she really looks as if she's reading!
Post a Comment