Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Eleven Months

Quinn is 11 months old today and I really really can not believe she will be one next month. I don't understand how time can go so fast. It feels like I just had her and brought her home from the hospital. It made me think of my nephew Jake. For some reason Quinn has always reminded me of him. His life lasted only 11 months. I just can't comprehend how my sister managed to get through that. How did she do that? How hard that had to been to say good-bye to him forever on earth. Her first baby and only boy. And it makes me so sad to know that it could happen any time with my three. They really are only here on loan to us and could be taken away at any time. God could call them to heaven tomorrow. And I would be devastated. But it is reality and I just pray that with my time on earth I won't have to experience that. I'm grateful for every day I can kiss them and hold them and tell them I love them one more time.


5 comments:

Vicki said...

I remember sitting in Jake's memorial service, watching Stephanie and wondering how she could even stand up under the sorrow. She showed incredible strength that day.

Josephine said...

Joanna that's - well it's beyond words.

I can't even imagine the sorrow.

Congratulations on Quinns 11 months - she's such a sweetie, I love the the faces she makes!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

I pray all the time that God will take me first. I can not imagine the pain of losing a child.

Katie said...

Joanna, I had no idea and the more I hear about Stephanie, the stronger I think she was. What a terrible tragedy to lose a baby. I'm not sure I would be able to try again. But she DID and look what she has to show for it- some beautiful girls. Well, Stephanie is holding Jake again, so you can count on that. {hugs}

Erin said...

Still sorry I made you cry that day :( Stephanie was an amazing mom and you are an amazing sister and aunt. Quinn is beautiful beyond words and I still thank God each day when I put my girls to bed and I hope I get to enjoy another one with them.