By the end of the day it's safe to say I am completely worn out. Some nights when I put Kat & Brody to sleep I fall asleep myself on their floor. But then for some reason I always get a second wind. Since all three kids are asleep I can finally do stuff that I want to do, like some extra freelance jobs or work on photography stuff or just waste time on the internet. However, as the night progresses and I need to start winding down, I don't. I start thinking about all the mistakes I made that day as a mom (which are too many to list). Then I start to think about my sister and how much I miss her and how I would kill to have just one more phone call with her. We usually had one, if not two, phone calls a day. Usually when the kids were napping so I could talk in peace. By then I'm too worked up to fall asleep and Jimmy Fallon is on so I watch that. Which takes me from crying to laughing in the same hour. Next comes the anticipation of Quinn waking up so falling asleep at that point is even harder. Usually by 1:00 I finally relax and let sleep take over. What I should and really need to do is read. I am planning on reading Crazy Love. The irony is that as soon as I get that book and start to read it, I'll probably fall to sleep by page 3.Today I lost faith in my camera strap. I usually never use my camera strap, it just gets in the way and is a big pain. But the other day I knew I was going to be busy with the kids and wanting to take pictures at the same time so I put the strap back on. Fast forward to today as I was outside taking pictures of the kids. I put the strap over one shoulder as I was holding Quinn in the other arm. And wouldn't you know it, my camera strap broke and the camera fell to the ground. I took this picture below right after, so so far it seems to be doing okay. But that just re-enforced my hatred for the camera strap. Maybe this is a sign that I need to get the new Canon 5d Mark II?

3 comments:
yes, joanna, definitely time to get the new camera. the more expensive the camera, the better the camera strap. :)
(does that help the justification? just trying to do my part as the supportive friend...)
Let me know if you decide to sell off your current camera...if it still works of course :-)
A very wise person once told me that 11:00 at night was not the time to grade my parenting skills. You may have been a great mom all day (or most of the day) but the one thing you did wrong will haunt you and you won't be strong enough to resist when you are tired and it's late at night. I try to remember that when I'm trying to get to sleep at night. Now is not the time to take stock of my parenting, tomorrow morning I'll be able to look at it with rested body and soul. And I'm sure it wasn't as bad as it seems at 11:00 at night! Get some rest my friend :)
Post a Comment