Sunday, January 24, 2010

Up

We Redboxed "Up" this weekend. I think it may be the saddest Disney/Pixar movie I've ever seen. It made me think of my sister a lot - she probably wouldn't have liked it. She hated Bambi and this was sadder than that. But still...I liked it. It might just be my new favorite movie. And yes, Kat does watch TV this close some times.

6 comments:

jennbecc said...

We have it but I haven't sat down to watch it yet. Brian did say it was sad. That's funny that K watches TV so close. Z&J do it too but it's tall for them so they either stand inches away from it looking up with their little necks all cranked back or find something to stand on and get right up on it that way. lol

Jennifer said...

it was sad, wasn't it? the first few minutes were just sad and unexpected! i was ready for it to be over before it even started, but it did get better! the boys enjoyed it too (except for some of the parts with the mean dogs) ethan likes to watch tv that close too!

Erin said...

Ahh- I cried several times- I know- big shocker. But I'm with you- it's one of my favs now. Such a sweet message. Amelia's fav part was Doug- squirrel, squirrel ha ha ha

Jill said...

I like this movie a lot too. I think the message is really important too. I loved Russell - he was adorable. :) I'd like to see Cloudy with a chance of meatballs too.

stephanie said...

yeah, i cried at that movie. right when my kids said, "mommy, why are you crying? is it because this parts boring?"

love that picture of kat!

Jim and Cindy said...

I remember saying the same thing when we went to see up...choking back tears at a kid flic was unexpected. I guess that's how come we ended up loving that old man despite his "gruffness". Glad we hung in there because it was great in the end...great message...makes you hug your loved ones a little tighter.