Friday, January 22, 2010

6 months today

Today Quinn is 6 months old. The sad part is that I had to ask Greg if she was born on the 21st or the 22nd of the month. I guess (hope) that's pretty normal by the third child. I feel bad because I can't even remember what time of day she was born, yet I can totally remember the time and date of Kat & Brody's birth. But those things aren't really that important to me. What I do remember is the complete and udder joy I felt the first time I saw her. Today Quinn has not been a happy camper, although she did have a few smiles to share in between tears. Maybe it's teething? Last night she was up A LOT (to put it mildly), so today Greg & I armored ourselves with teething tablets, orajel, infant tylenol and stomach soother drops. We're determined to get some sleep for all of us. I can't believe half a year has gone by already. It's been an emotionally hard 6 months, but having Quinn here with us has made it all so much better.



(I was going to scrap this picture because the focus and lighting are off. But the character of all three of them in this picture totally shines through. Quinn's innocent expression, Greg's gentle smile, and Brody...licking his car. This one's a keeper.)

5 comments:

jennbecc said...

Happy 6 months Quinn!
All the pictures are perfect....especially the last one. Totally a keeper! :)

Jennifer said...

wow! I can't believe its been 6 months either! times sure flies! love all the pictures and i am so glad you didn't toss the last one. even before i read your comments, i immediately loved it! i love all 3 expressions and brody looks like such a big boy there!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

I love the last photo too! And Ryland was awake 7 times last night and has a bottom tooth coming in.

Erin said...

Oh what great pics. even the one where she's crying. I can almost feel her pain because of her expression. Last pic is my fav :) So glad you've had Quinn to enjoy in the tough moments. Maybe she's got the stomach bug that's floating around? Emery has been crabby too- and she's not a crabby kid.

Jill said...

Happy 6 months to Quinn!! I like that last picture too. :) You have a beautiful family.