Saturday, September 19, 2009

8 weeks


Last Wednesday Quinn turned 8 weeks old. She is growing so fast! Every time I look at her I swear she has grown. And she is getting even more social. I read in a book somewhere that when babies wake up in the middle of the night to eat that you should not make eye contact with them or interact with them too much. I guess because they will want to stay awake and smile and coo back with mom or dad. I can see that being true with Quinn because when she does wake up at night to eat she usually wants to smile and 'talk' to us. It's pretty cute and hard not to smile back. But sleep overrules any sort of smiles and I try to feed and put her back down. Anyway, I'm not sure where the time has gone but it is really flying by. Christmas will be here in a little over 3 months. Quinn will be 5 months at Christmas. Kat & Brody will be three in about 4 months. It is going so fast, yet there are days that seem SO slow. I know some day I will be looking at my three teenage kids wondering where my babies went. And instead of being awake at night feeding and rocking babies, I will stay awake at night worrying that they make the right choices and checking to make sure they are home by curfew (that is if we ever let them leave the house :). For now I'll just try to enjoy the moment.




(Brody having a tea party)

6 comments:

Jill said...

Oh it is so fast - too fast. I'll really miss this age of toddler-dom when its over. Its so short in comparison with all the other ages, i think. And it is sort of special to have only one baby this time, so I'm treasuring this experience too (although twins was super tough but special too).
Does Quinn fall back asleep after she nurses/eats at night? Aaron doesn't really even open his eyes at night but N&C never really did either.
Its tough not to smile at her I'm sure. lol

Erin said...

What a sweet post and great pictures. I read a quote once that really sums up our lives, "When you have small children the days seem to take forever and the years fly by." So true, so true....

stephanie said...

it would have been nice if mason was cooing and smiling at me when he woke up in the middle of the night, but instead he was screaming and turning blue in the face. maybe thats why it was so un-enjoyable :)

great pictures. bennett would love to have tea party with brody.

Jennifer said...

that is so sweet joanna. and so true. the time just goes so fast! i can't believe quinn is so big already and i can't believe our twins are all approaching 3! is just crazy!!! (by the way, the boys came to look at 'baby quinn polling' and said she was 'cute'. they still pray for her sometimes!)

The Hayes Family said...

She is getting so big! You're so right though. A mama's worry is NEVER over...no matter if they are 8 weeks, 2 years or 40 years old. And, I'm with you sister...I may not ever let the boys leave the house either!! Sweet babies, give them extra kisses!

jennbecc said...

So sweet Joanna. That made me tear up!