Monday, May 18, 2009

Froggy pool fun


It was Africa hot today - we're talking 107 degrees and it's only May. I think a record for Arizona. So we stayed inside most of the day. I was an embarrassment to stay-at-home moms around the globe. I didn't get Kat & Brody (or myself) dressed today and I'm pretty sure none of us saw a comb. We watched Lion King and ate cookies. I'm sure a few brain cells were lost. We did make it outdoors for a brief period, when the sun was starting to go down (around 6:30/7:00). Last year I bought two blow up pools on clearance at Target. This frog pool is a little small, but was only around $2. They loved it! We have a bigger one that I'll break out soon too. At least we had some outdoor fun. Tomorrow Greg has a furlough day and I'm going to spend the day with my sister. Movies, lunch and anything else we can think of. I'm really looking forward to that. And Greg is too. He said he's going to build them an indoor fort. I'll have to have him get pictures of that :).

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

107???holy cow!!!
that pool is really cute, even if its small they look like they are having a blast!!!!!!

The Hayes Family said...

Looks like they were having fun in the froggy pool! You were at 107 yesterday, meanwhile, we were having a cold snap...65! WEIRD!!

Cass said...

Oh, look at Brody, smiling so sweetly right at the camera. Your kids are so photogenic!

Did you find a water table for them yet, for the back patio? I bet they would love that, too.

After 5 years and dozens of backyard water toys, Jenna's favorite water activity is to run and jump and chase the water when it comes out of one of those old-fashioned sprinklers, the kind you hook up to your hose and it sprays slowly back and forth. LOL.

Jim and Cindy said...

I am pretty sure that the day you explained was our everday last summer in the first trimester of my pregnancy. "All-day-pj-day" we'd call it! LOVE the pool! We gotta get one of those...

daddy said...

africa hot-lol

Erin said...

Not an embarrassment to stay at home moms- it's a reality :) We've all done it! And loved it- even if some won't admit it. Good for you for spending the day the way you wanted to!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Looks like great fun! Next week, do you want to get together and do a water day and then we can do a library day? I am going to be brave and attempt to bring both kids to the pool. Let me know if you ever want to join us.

Jill said...

JOanna you HAVE to tell me how you got that killer sun flare! What were your settings? I LOVE those pictures! Way to go!

Connor's Blog said...

Girl, that pool is adorable and adorable pics of the kiddos. They look like they are having so much fun. Where did you get that pool? And can Greg blow me up one of those too!!! :)

Katie said...

We have that same frog pool! Or I should say HAD it since it got a hole in it after a few uses last summer. But they loved it. And don't worry about the mother-of-the-year award that you fee you've earned lately. I'm completely with ya and am not pregnant with my 3rd and it is only 70-80 degrees here!!! ;)

Brooke said...

That is really really hot, love the cute pool!

jennbecc said...

I sure stink at leaving comments lately. I saw this post but never commented I guess! Sheesh! That froggy pool is cool! Looks like they had a great time!