



Today was such a beautiful day outside. The weather was around 75 degrees and there was a nice breeze in the air. So we took advantage of that and went to the park this morning. It was great because not too many people were there so we had the whole place pretty much to ourselves. I wanted to really wear Kat & Brody out so after playing at the playground I gave them their snacks and we walked around the perimeter of the park. Brody was loving it and running like a free bird. Kat was walking at a slow poke pace, while I was in between trying to keep both in sight. They had fun, but my plan to wear them out backfired and I got worn out instead and brought home two overly active toddlers.
Later in the afternoon we made cookies. I usually just have them watch, but this time I decided to let them help and gave them their own bowls of flour. And by help I mean get flour all over the place and eat all the chocolate chips before I could get them in the batter. But that's okay, because they enjoyed it and were so anxious to eat the cookies afterwards. I turned the oven light on in the oven and they kept checking on the cookies. I love days like these and really appreciate that I get to stay home with Kat & Brody. It was just a fun day all around.




6 comments:
Awww! What sweet photos. I love making cookies with my kids. Gives them happy memories and full tummies. :)
I love the baking photos. You are a brave one. I haven't mustered up the courage yet to let Taylor "bake" with me. Heck, I don't even have time to bake by myself. If we want cookies, it's premade stuff. You are such a good mommy!
What a great day with your little ones! You are making such nice memories with them. Love that you let them help with the cookies. So sweet.
That looks like a fun day!!! I love great days like that!! Pics are too cute!
Great pics Joanna! You and Jill are so brave to let your LO's make a mess! *L* Good Mommy! I hope you all enjoyed the cookies! Mail me some...I could use a good homemade cookie! :)
Your park/neighborhood looks so pleasant. Everything looks alive - we're still in the dormant period where trees are starting to get small buds for leaves and our grass is slowly turning green again. Those cooking pictures are so cute. Now I'm hungry for those cookies! Are those the choc chip cookie recipe you shared before? Thats a great recipe!
Post a Comment