It's getting warmer here and already starting to feel a bit like summer. It's so bittersweet because on one hand it's really nice weather to go outside and play, but on the other hand you just know what is to come and I'm really not looking forward to our blazing summer heat. Kat & Brody though have been having a great time playing outside. Sometimes they play out front, but every day they play out back. And every day they play in the dirt. It's like a magnet, they just can't stay away from it. I've given up on keeping them away and just let them have fun and have even given them shovels to scoop the dirt and place it all over the patio. As my sister says "God made dirt so dirt don't hurt" ;).


A cute new thing Kat is doing. She has picked up a new saying which she hears from me and will say at various times 'how 'bout...crackers?' or 'how 'bout...ice cream?'. It's especially funny when they are sitting at the table eating lunch and she looks at her plate and looks at me and suggests 'how 'bout...cookie?'. I say 'how 'bout...' a lot when I'm trying to think of what to feed them. I usually will say something healthier though.

This summer we are considering joining the movie club for something to do that is fun and in A/C. I'm hoping Kat & Brody will sit nicely at the movies, but I have no idea since we've never been. They will be around 2 1/2 when it starts so maybe by then they will have a little bit longer of an attention span. I'll be about 8 months pregnant at the time and am thinking I would enjoy sitting in a nice cool theater every week as well. I'm still debating over it so we'll see how that goes. It's so crazy to start thinking about all this when it's still February outside. Only in Arizona.

11 comments:
The video isn't working... :( I guess I'll check back. Cute pictures and hopefully they will cooperate and sit through a movie so mommy can enjoy some A/C and POPCORN!
I love the video and I really love Kat in her glasses!! That is so funny! Looks like she likes the dirt!!!! :) Cute pics of Brody too. I hope the movies works out, we might try that too!!!
What a nice mess. :) I'm sure its fun to clean up later on, but its a great experience for them. I like your sister's saying, lol. I like seeing the video of them. Your backyard looks so nice. I like the gate around the outside. Then you don't have to worry about them getting out or something/one getting in.
I LOVE summer movie fun. I did it when I was pregnant with Emery and it was awesome. For the past two years it's only been $7 a person so even if it doesn't work out it wouldn't be too much money lost. Plus it's all kids in there so it's fairly loud and no one expects everyone to be super quiet like a normal movie. We go on Thursdays :)
How nice! Looks like Kat was having fun in the dirt!! And, those glasses are totally stylin. Also, love Brody's chub in his diaper...totally adorable!
ok...I finally came back to see the video. What a MESS!! EEEK! I know dirt don't hurt but I bet that wasn't fun to clean up. *L* I'm terrible....
Love the mad scientist glasses! I'm sure they help Kat see the dirt in a different light :-) Very cute.
Dirt is great! There are worse things they could be playing with, like bugs, tee hee. Invest in a water table, or "sand and water table", for the back patio once it gets warmer. It's more fun than dirt, I bet. And I love the idea of doing the movie club over the summer. Even if you only go to see 2 or 3 movies, it will be worth it. I think Jenna was 2 when she saw her first movie. I found that the G-rated movies were best, because PG has too much plot content for a two year old and she grew disinterested in those right away.
I can't believe how much they are talking now. Who would ever think that something so ordinary could keep Kat so content. And Brody is so sweet..."hi Momma."
They are having so much fun! And SUMMER???? I would say I'm jealous, but am not b/c it gets to be a billion degrees there in the summer, right? Your photos are so great, too! ;)
I am jealous of the weather, I know you are dreading the heat to come though. How bout....very cute, they are so cute right now!
Post a Comment