Sunday, February 15, 2009

Desert Botanical Gardens


This weekend was the Target free weekend at the Desert Botanical Gardens where they were showing the Chihuly exhibit. So we took advantage of it and drove all the way out there. I have to say that cacti and toddlers do NOT mix. I'm happy it was free because we didn't stay long, maybe an hour, before Greg and I were both exhausted from screaming 'don't touch' and 'no' every time they got near a cactus (which was a lot). Brody enjoyed himself though, he was leading us all over the place at a racing toddler speed. Kat wanted to just sit and be pulled in the wagon, like any diva would :). I'm glad we went, even though I didn't get the pictures I wanted. It was nice family time and we got to see some really cool blown glass.










(I like how Brody's orange undershirt matches the orange Chihuly glass in the background)


7 comments:

jennbecc said...

Gorgeous Joanna! So are the orange flowers glass or actually flowers?? I'm confused. *L* And those cactus scare me...Jake is a big tree hugger right now so I'm sure he would have been impaled.

The Hayes Family said...

Looks like fun! Your pics are so cute...I think it's because the subjects make it that way! :)

Jill said...

What cute pictures! Kat does look like a little Diva with her hair all done and the cute dress. lol I love your text on the photos too! I really think the first b/w picture is sweet!

Connor's Blog said...

Hey, great models! I like the one of Brody with the Chiluhy glass in the background, and the one of Kat that is beneath it ... looks like she is holding a flower petal. Such sweet pictures of the little ones.

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had a great time Joanna!!! Love all the pictures!!

Peggy said...

Cute!! Kat is so pretty:) I love her pink dress!

Brooke said...

The pics came out great! I am cracking up at the though of toddlers and cacti though. Fun!