Thursday, February 12, 2009

2nd Year Portraits, pt.1

Last year when Kat & Brody turned one we hired a photographer to take their one year portraits. So now that they are two I am trying them myself. This is something I want to do every year (as if I don't take enough pictures already). Today we took them to downtown Glendale to get some 'urban' looking shots. Before we left I did Kat's hair; wet it, blow dried it and styled it with mousse. Her hair has a mind of its own so I knew it was necessary. Unfortunately, she fell asleep in the car on the way there and when she woke up she had one big sweat tangle in her hair. Lovely. I tried my best to do the mom comb...lick fingers and restyle it. Next time I will remember to bring a comb. I think I got a few good shots of them, but what I really want is a great one of them together (where one doesn't look completely unhappy to be there).

Sunday we have tickets to the Desert Botanical Gardens to see the Chihuly exhibit. I'm looking forward to that because I really love his stuff. We got to see some of it when we were in the Bahamas with our friends the McCumbers and it's gorgeous in person. So I will take another attempt at a 2nd year photo shoot while we are there

Here is what I got today... oh, and I decided to look more legit with a watermark on the pictures. I figure as I learn and want to make a side business out photography then I should look a little like a professional.






6 comments:

Jennifer said...

very cute joanna! i like the candid shots!!!!!

Jill said...

Its hilarious how Kat has her hair blowing in the wind as she runs in the pictures. lol You did a fabulous job on them! I would have you take N&C's pics. You do the natural light outdoor ones and I'll do the studio light ones, okay? lol
I like the location a lot. Good eye.
Maybe we should go to the Milwaukee Domes and take some pics (botanical gardens, but indoors).

Brooke said...

Those look great! I can relate to the hair...Brenna's gets wild too.

Josephine said...

Oh Joanna they are fantastic, I love the B&W of Brody, he has a charming smile!!

Anonymous said...

I love them--Kat is gorgeous in green. I absolutely love the shot of Brody smiling. What a handsome little boy!

shelly

Katie said...

Ok, how are you mama's taking such gorgeous professional-quality photos??? I want some training b/c mine don't come out like this at all, even with the fancy camera!