Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Playing catch-up

I have been wanting to post new pictures this week but have been really lagging. So I thought I'd just make a slide show of recent happenings.

This past weekend we celebrated PopPop's birthday. It was a fun day, especially for Brody. He was hugging everyone and wanted to cuddle with poppop, it was cute :). This week has also been a week of crafts. We have discovered that Kat loves to color. On everything. She likes crayons, markers (her favorite), chalk, and bathtub crayons. Brody is okay with coloring, but not crazy about it like Kat. Brody has been showing a lot of interest in the kitchen. Greg pretty much does all the cooking in this house and whenever he is in the kitchen Brody loves to be up at his level so he can watch. So lately we slide a chair over to the island and let him watch, sometimes help. It's been fun to watch them find their likes and dislikes.

In a few weeks they will be two. I can't believe how fast time is going, I say that all the time, but I just can't wrap my brain around it. I'm excited though because they are learning so much lately, talking more, doing funny stuff. I can't wait to see what year two brings us!





6 comments:

jennbecc said...

OH NO!! Not the chair!! Were you able to get it out?? Jake has been writing on everything with the aquadoodle marker...but thankfully it's only water. It was a big slap in the face that I never want to turn my back on them with a marker or crayon. EEEK! Great pictures...that's so cute that Brody wants to hug everyone and I'm glad Kat is finding her artistic side. You girls will have fun being crafty together!

Jennifer said...

Looks like you have had lots of fun lately! I am like Jenny, I cringed when I saw your chair...did you get it out?!?!?! Crayola Color Wonder girl...they only color on the special paper and nothing else...they are fabulous!!!!!!! I think Brody & Ethan are so alike, Ethan loves to help in the kitchen!!!!!!! So cute!

Brooke said...

Mine are soo into coloring right now, but I can't leave them for a minute, my fridge was colored green a few days ago...I thought he was playing with the fridge phonics. Your tub walls look like ours. They also are having favorite colors too B always wants pink and blue and L always wants blue...think we need to pick up another set up tub crayons. Breaking up fights in the tub isn't fun!

Kristen said...

Ohhhh sidewalk chalk!! I hadn't thought about that yet and Skye has tons of it! Yeah, Summer did a lovely green creation on the wall last week. Thank God for Mr. Eraser!!! Brody looks sooooo much older, he has changed lately. I love his hair!!!!!!

Jill said...

Brody definitely shares some traits with pop-pop. Maybe its the eye shape? He looks like he loves his Grandpa! How sweet.
And Kat looks like she is so engrossed in her work! She seems like she has a great attention span. Have you seen those Kitchen Helpers by Guidecraft? I bet Brody would love that. our kitchen is too small for one though.

Jim and Cindy said...

Aaaaaw!