Friday, December 19, 2008

Kat's first haircut

Today Kat & I got our haircut. It was Kat's first and she did so well. She doesn't have a fear of new things, so I thought she'd be fine. I had intended for Brody to get his haircut as well but he wanted nothing to do with it. So he will have to have the shaggy look for awhile, sort of like his daddy right now :).

Here is the before picture. Her hair had a crazy, wild woman look to it:


Here are pictures during the cut. I gave her a cookie to keep her occupied. I'm not sure the story behind the pencil...


Here is the after picture. I think it suits her personality well. I also got my hair cut similar to this, but not quite as short. Kristi, our hairdresser, even blow-dried it for her. It took some of that curl out and made it look thicker. I love it!


11 comments:

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOODNESS, that is SOOOO cute!!! It really does suit her well! I love it!!!!!!!! Glad she cooperated for you!!!!

jennbecc said...

It's perfect! It looks a lot thicker now and love that the blow drying gave it a little bump in the back! Too cute!!!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Wow! It makes her look so grown up. It's adorable. Can you post a pic of your new do too?

Erin said...

Oh- cute, cute, cute. I want to see a pic of your hair too :) Hope you're feeling OK.

Jill said...

That turned out gorgeous!!! How cool that she sat so nicely for the cut too! I don't think Celia or Nicholas sit that still when I trim their hair. I have to go fast or else they want to be done after a few minutes - and it looks like Kat's took longer than a few minutes. It really shows the beautiful color in her hair!

The Hayes Family said...

Her hair is SO cute!! It looks so good on her too! Love it!

Peggy said...

That is SO cute! What a difference! Oh, and I absolutely LOVE your header! That is the most perfect picture. You should send it to twins magazine. Seriously!

Jim and Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is that new "do"?!? Looking good, Kat!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Ditto everyone else

Shelly

Brooke said...

Awww! So sweet! It's like a little bob! Love it!

Katie said...

I have been catching up on your blog and was going to comment about her precious haircut! It looks really good and makes me want to have Libby get one, too. ;) Looks like you all had a very Merry Christmas. Hope Kat gets over that cold (if she hasn't already). They look so big now, especially at the new park. Where has time gone??