Saturday, December 13, 2008

French braids and baby dolls

I've been meaning to post pictures of Kat and her baby dolls, she is obsessed. I didn't think she was too into baby dolls until she became attached to her glow worm and glow seahorse that her cousin Laila got her for their birthdays last year. Actually, one of them belongs to Brody but Kat has laid claims on both. It's cute how she has to have them with her everywhere she goes, but not so cute that she is sucking the battery life out of them as they constantly have to be 'glowing' for her to be satisfied. She likes to put them on chairs and on the couch and say "night night baby" and last night I caught her trying to give the seahorse a drink of her milk. I love to just watch her with her babies. Greg & I are on the lookout for another doll that she may like to have for Christmas, but I have a feeling these two might not leave her side for awhile.

Also, I french braided Kat's hair the other night. It's was quick and messy, but I wanted to try it as her hair is getting longer. I can't wait for when she gets older and requests me to do her hair (instead of quickly and quietly doing it so she doesn't pull the pony right back out).







6 comments:

jennbecc said...

So cute! I just got that seahorse for my newborn niece for Christmas. :) She's doing great at counting! How exciting! :)

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Kat is doing awesome with the counting! And I love the french braid...so grown up. Have you told Kat and Brody they are going to have a real baby this summer? I know they won't understand, but maybe when your belly grows they will be intrigued.

The Hayes Family said...

How CUTE!! I love that she counts to ten, then counts that she has 2 babies! I can't believe her hair is long enough to braid now too! So cute!!

Cass said...

So cute! Yes Kat, I can vouch for your momma that she is a master French braider. :)

Thanks for the reminder about the Glow Worm. I bet someone here would like it, and Jenna had one that's tucked away somewhere...

Katie said...

LISTEN to her count!! That is great!!! 1, 2 babies. She's a little Einstein thanks to her Mama. ;)

I can't wait until Libby lets me have a bow or anything in her hair for longer than 30 seconds. She looks like a wild woman all the time with her crazy curly hair! ;)

Jill said...

Wow does she ever count nicely! She is talking so well. I was able to braid the sides of Celia's hair the other day but it kind of slips out. Celia has just this week started playing with a doll she has. Maybe its a stage they are both hitting?