Saturday, November 22, 2008

Countdown to Thanksgiving

I can't believe Thanksgiving is only 5 days away! I'm looking forward to it so much, I love Thanksgiving. And this year we are having two separate ones, so double the fun :). Today we took Kat & Brody to Desert Ridge. We got a great workout chasing them around. We are giving them a little more freedom in hopes that they will learn to walk nicely beside us while we are out and about. Sometimes it works, like yesterday at Target when Brody wanted out of the cart. He walked so nicely beside me and even stood and waited at the checkout without grabbing anything. Sometimes it doesn't work, like today at Desert Ridge Kat ran into a random store without a care in the world. She didn't seem to mind when we started walking away without her, she had her own agenda. I guess it's all progress. They were putting the Christmas tree up at Desert Ridge today and it is so big and pretty. I'm equally as excited for Christmas as I am for Thanksgiving. I just hope time slows down just a little to enjoy it.



7 comments:

jennbecc said...

Cute pictures...love the grumpy lady. *L* Glad that progress is being made with the given freedom. :) So what's Desert Ridge?

Jennifer said...

Is Desert Ridge a shopping center? I love your take on the first picture! Too funny!!!!!
I agree, I hope time slows enough to enjoy the holiday season!!!

Jill said...

I love your John Madden analysis of the picture. lol In every picture it looks like Kat is on the go! I agree - some days go more smoothly than others when they are on their own. :)
Maybe you can practice some food photography on Thursday? :)

The Hayes Family said...

Your pics are so cute! It makes me jealous that you can still play outside for a while. It's too frigid here! Love your pointers, grumpy lady cracked me up!

Erin said...

I'm with you- I LOVE Thanksgiving. And, I love your marked up picture. It makes me laugh- always good to laugh. Let's try and get together in Dec... yeah?

Jim and Cindy said...

Joanna...you make me laugh! And Brody, stood line line without grabbing things?? That kid is gifted!! My kids are twice his age and act like wild mokeys loose from a zoo when we wait in line...

Brooke said...

Cracking up at your comments, lol! Very cute!