Tuesday, September 9, 2008

18 Month appointment

We had our 18 month appointment today. We are a little late in getting it since they are 19 months now. We decided to switch pediatricians so today we also met our new doctor, Dr. Ladha. My sister goes to him and recommended him. My friend Cassie also takes her twins to him and they both speak highly of him. Anyway, we liked him a lot and had a good appointment. Stephanie & Reghan went with us and afterwards we all went to Barro's pizza for lunch. Here are the stats:

Brody
weight: 28 lbs 5 oz
height: 34"

Kat
weight: 19 lbs 5 oz
height: 27" *(revised 30.5")

I think that Kat's height measurement is off. She measured 30" at her 15 mo. appointment and I'm pretty sure she didn't shrink (and isn't 7" shorter than Brody). If I had to guess I'd say she's closer to 29". She's a squirmy girl though, so it's hard to get a good measurement on her. He said they both looked really good and he wasn't worried at all about Kat's small size. She was reading a book during the appointment and he said that he could see that even though physically she was smaller, mentally she was not. So I felt better about that. And Brody just continues to go through growth spurts. He is needing new shoes again which I feel like we just got him bigger ones. Where as Kat is still wearing her first shoes. I bought her a new pair at Target the other day just because I'm sick of looking at the same sandals. Anyway, it was a good morning and a fun lunch!

Here is a video from a few days ago of Brody tickling Kat. They were making me laugh. And also a video of Kat picking out the "s" and the "h" in the foam floor alphabet. Brody knows the "y" but has a hard time picking it out. If I show it to him he will say "y y y" so I know he recognizes it.





7 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Cute new header! I'm surprised the Dr. didn't re-measure Kat because come on - a 1 year old shrinking 3 inches?!?!? At your next appointment they'll be SHOCKED at how much she's grown. :)

Cass said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked Dr. Ladha. I actually have a list of things to discuss with him in a couple weeks when we see him for another well-check, and one of the items on my list is, "Even if you're not accepting new patients, you need to let Joanna and her kids into your practice"! So I guess I can cross that item off of my list. :)

Jennifer said...

yay for Kat & Brody! I am so glad that your visit went so well and that you like this new doc!!!!
What cute videos! I just laughed watching Brody tickle Kat...that was so sweet...and what a smartie Kat is picking out the letters like that!!!!! Good job mom!

jennbecc said...

Great stats and the videos are so cute! I love it when Brody backs up and sits on your lap and then he pokes the camera! *L* Good job Kat picking out letters! What smary pants!

Brooke said...

They are doing great!

I hear you on the shoes, what size is she wearing? Brenna is still in her first shoes...size 3, we are trying a bit of 4's. I used the Stride Rite measurer thing online and she actually measures a 4S and Liam is a 7.5 EW.

The video is so cute and they are so smart!

Erin said...

I love it love it love it! Emery is for sure bigger than Kat- that's too funny :) Maybe they can share clothes- HA. I have her 9 mo appt on Tues so I'll let you know her official stats. I'm so glad you like your new Ped- it's hard to find good Drs. The videos are super cute. I love that Kat starts laughing before Brody even touches her- such a girl thing to be so ticklish!

Jim and Cindy said...

Oh my gosh...could they be any cuter?!?!?