Friday, August 8, 2008

Week in review

It has been great having Greg home these last few days. I love the days he is home, it's so much nicer. However, I am grateful that he has a job to go to, especially in this economy. But the vacation days that he does take are such a nice treat for me. And it was extra nice having a day to myself. The night before I made a list of things I wanted to do. My first stop was the library. I went to the Glendale library because I just like that one. Plus, they have peacocks just randomly walking around outside the library and parking lot and I think that's so cool. They didn't have any of the books I was looking for, but as I was leaving I checked out the youth section and saw that they have a story time 3 times a week for newborns - 3 years old. They break it up into three times so that it is age appropriate. I think I will bring Kat & Brody back to that because it looked really fun. Next I hit Borders to find the books the library didn't have. After that was the mall where I looked at some Canon Rebels that I am interested in. I drooled a little over that and headed over to the new Apple store. Where I drooled a lot over the iPhone 3G. I even called Greg from it. That phone really does the works. I grabbed lunch at Paradise Bakery and walked around the mall for a bit. After, I went to the movies. I saw Sisterhood of the Traveling pants part 2. Even though I never saw part 1. It was actually pretty cute even though I felt a little clueless at times (like how do those jeans fit all four girls?). So that was my day, it was nice to get away for the afternoon.

Here are a few pictures from the week. We have started a new bedtime routine of rocking before bed. I never really did this before because rocking two at a time isn't the easiest. But they both seem to enjoy just sitting together and reading. Kat more so than Brody. Brody tends to run off and play hid and seek in the closet, but that's fine with me because it wears him out just enough before bedtime.



7 comments:

jennbecc said...

Sounds like you had a very relaxing day! Good for you! And peacocks INSIDE the library?? They don't make a mess? Funny!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

A day for yourself. It sounded relaxing and fun. Did you miss the kiddos?

Jill said...

So you had your day all by yourself? Did you like that? Sometimes I go out with a friend and other times when I have a lot to do on my time out, its just me. Sounds nice though.
And I wonder like Jenny? Peacocks inside?

I like the picture of you rocking the KAt and Brody. So cute! You are so pretty :)

Katie said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! And you even saw a movie by yourself?? I don't think I've ever done that, but just doing what I want all day would be nice!!! Luckily we have nice husbands who treat us to these kinds of days.

Ok, what's with the peacocks in the library?????????????????

Jennifer said...

Ok, Joanna...now you have to make a post about the peacocks in the library!!!!!! :)
Sounds like you had a great day!!!!I am glad you got a mommy day! I hope K&B were good for Greg!!!

Kristen said...

I love peacocks. I used to drive to this neighborhood in FL just to watch them roam around. What a really nice day you had Joanna!! I've never seen a movie by myself either but I love the idea of it. I saw the 1st Sisterhood with L&S and it was really good. How did K&B do with Greg? I bet they had fun with Daddy!!

Peggy said...

What a nice day! I want to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 also. I did see 1, and they didn't answer the question of how all the girls fit into the same pair of jeans:) You should rent the 1st one - I liked it a lot.

I rock Bran and Faith at the same time a lot and they usually zonk out in minutes!