It's becoming harder and harder to entertain these two now that summer is here and it's getting too hot to go out. Actually, I don't think it's technically summer yet and it's still too hot! Today we were stuck indoors all day because the car was in the shop getting a tune up. So I tried to keep them entertained as much as I could. We built a fort out of couch cushions and a sheet. The sheet wouldn't stay up so it basically because just a fun place to jump around. That was until Kat fell and knocked herself pretty good in the head. Then we hid behind the curtains and played peek-a-boo for awhile. Luckily nap time came early today and gave us all three a break. I'm going to have to look into some things that we can do during the summer time to keep the days fresh. I dread this time of year, but three more months and we will be heading out of it. I just need to keep repeating that to myself....

Here's Brody doing his wicked witch of the west impersonation. As if the giggling and constant movement didn't give him away, the size 5 feet definitely did!

And this is Kat. Freaky picture, the sun was coming in so bright that it completely washed her out. I think it's her angel glow shinning through :).
5 comments:
Poor you! Thats how I feel about winter, but our winter is from November to March. ha ha
I love the wicked witch feet, lol. And I'm sure that is Kat's angel glow!! I think I see a halo in there somewhere....
That's a bummer. We get some pretty hot days but it's not constant throughout the summer. Are there any indoor play centers they can go to that have air conditioning? Hang in there!
Looks like you found a way to entertain for a little bit anyway! Love the pics of them hiding! How fun! We get some pretty hot days, but we can't go out because of the humidity! Its hard to breath sometimes, so I know what you mean! We try to go out early or late after dinner!
Interesting to hear that people in the nicer climates have the same problems with going outdoors and the kids getting bored. Our winters are so long I am constantly trying to figure out stuff to do. Sometimes the simple things are the most fun, I tell you the kids were having fun just hanging out in the cupboards for the first time today.
We're getting the same way. It was 99 yesterday and the day before. Yuck!! I've started walking at 7 am and was hoping to take them but they've been sound asleep. Too hot after that.
Post a Comment