Today I got a good measurement on Brody's growth. I've noticed lately that they can start to reach for stuff on top of the table that we have behind the couch. They stand on their tippy toes and reach as far as they can until they grab a tube of something that we don't them to have. Today Brody reached even higher. I was making their lunch, a very decedent PB&J sandwich, and had just finished cutting it up on the kitchen island. Brody was standing next to me doing his usual walk around the island exercise. When all the sudden he reached up and pulled the sandwich down to the ground (it was on a paper napkin). Both of them dove for the pieces like money had just fallen to the ground and started eating as fast as they could. I did not think he was that tall to be able to do that! I will have to be more careful now of where I set things. They are forever curious about stuff that is out of their reach.
Also, Kat & Brody may be starting their first volunteer project. Last month on one of our trips to Costco we got there a little early before the store opened. So we had to wait outside with the other people which mostly consisted of senior citizens. It was the best time we had that day. The seniors were all over K&B, they wanted to know all about them and were trying to make them laugh. Kat & Brody loved it too and totally put on a show. That got me thinking how much joy they bring to older people. So I called up a nursing home that is near our house and asked if they would mind if we all three came in and maybe we could deliver cookies. The coordinator thought that was a great idea, even after I told her they were 15 month old twins. She is going to call me back on Monday with a schedule. I sure hope it works out because I think that would bring a lot of joy to us and to them.
Lastly, Brody's rash is getting better. It's still there, but I can see it fading. But best of all, he is in a good mood again! Here is just a quick video after lunch today.
1 year ago

4 comments:
When does Costco open? I had a feeling last week when I got there at 10:15 that they had just opened?
I totally get you on the tall kids! We are finding we can't put anything on our kitchen table since they can reach anything on it unless it is on the perfect middle. I like those pub-height tables for that reason. ha ha
What a cute clip of Brody babbling :) I can see more resemblance between you and him.
I hear you on having to keep things out of our little ones reach now. Today I put their lunch (mac-n-cheese) on the counter to cool. As soon as I had turned my back, Audrey had grabbed a bowl and was walking all over the kitchen with it. The little stinker!!!
Very cute clip of Brody!! :)
Yep, I am finding we are having to move lots of things for that very reason!
What a neat idea to take them to the nursing home! I bet the residents will really get lots of joy out of that!!! Let me know how it goes!
Cute video, when I started playing it the boys got quiet and watched with me!!!
I hear you too! I had some cheesy tots hit the floor thanks to Jake the other day and he and Zack pounced on them right along with the dog before I could rescue them. :( We had a scary one today though....he got ahold of the paper plate with the grilled cheese on it and I had a sharp knife sitting on the plate...waiting for it to cool before I cut it up. It could have been bad.
Post a Comment