I just wanted to post a few new things that Kat & Brody are learning.
Playing Peek-A-Boo. They both love playing this. Brody is so funny when we play this. I usually start it by throwing the blanket or towel over there head and then they pull it off and laugh so hard. Kat will pull hers off right away and laugh at you. But Brody will sit there for a bit, building up anticipation, before he pulls off the blanket. He's really quiet too, you can hear him breathing like he's waiting to be scared. Then when he pulls the blanket off he just cracks up as I say peek-a-boo.
They are both saying ball, I think. Kat says it more. And if I ask where the ball is they will look for it. Today at physical therapy, Patti our therapist, opened up a box of balls and right away Kat started saying "bababa" and went to them. I'll post a video so you can see what I mean.
And we are making some headway on meal time. Sunday night Greg crock-potted (is that a word?) some chicken and dumplings. It was nice because for the first time ever we all sat down as a family and ate dinner. We usually wait until they are in bed before we even attempt to eat. Brody loved it, Kat ate it hesitantly. They are starting to branch out more and hopefully meal-time won't be so dreadful.
It seems like lately they are learning something new everyday, it's very exciting for me!
1 year ago

3 comments:
Oh I LOVE chicken and dumplings!
I so know what you mean, I am enjoying having these babies so much. I get so excited whenever one of them does something for the 1st time. Everything is brand new to little ones:)
That is so cute!!! Lately nicholas loves putting a blanket on his head and then getting 'booed' when i pull it off. How funny that babies find things fun at certain ages.
And yeah on saying 'ball'! Remember when I said nicholas could say it,....well that was about the last time. lol Lately their 'talking' is starting to sound more like when babies make up their own language.
And thats great about Brody eating the food!!! Maybe he is just picky about his tastes?? i was as a baby too.
Jake does the same thing during Peek-a-boo! I throw the towel or blanket over his head and he just waits....waits....waits....until I say peek-a-boo then he pulls it off and starts to LAUGH! He knows the key word needs to be said before the cover is lifted. I think he's like bird in a cage or something and falls asleep for a minute while he waits for the blanket to come off. *L*
Post a Comment