Well, today we experienced two new things.
First, Kat has started kissing on command. It's very cute. She and Brody have always given us those open mouth, slobbery kisses on the chin. But I have have been saying "kisses" as I lean in to kiss them both and now Kat has caught on and kisses back. It's still slobbery, and open mouthed, but it is the sweetest thing. So all night Greg & I have been asking her for kisses and she leans right in and plants one on our lips. :)
Secondly, Brody hit both Greg & I today! And not by accident either. Earlier today I was taking something away from him that he shouldn't have had (probably the phone!), and he got really ticked, took both hands, hit me in the face and let out an angry scream. I said "Brody, don't hit your mom" but I know all that the heard was "Brody...mom". Well, tonight when Greg got home and we were preparing them for bed it happened again. But this time he hit Greg. Greg picked him up from playing with the diaper bag and the first thing Brody did was hit him in the face and let out another angry scream. He was tired and cranky and wanted to continue playing with the bag of diapers.
I sure hope this isn't a pattern. I much prefer the kisses than this!
1 year ago

2 comments:
Oh my goodness! First, that is WAY cute that Kat is giving kisses! I always tell Brandon and Faith to give mommy kisses and then I smash their lips to my cheek. LOL
Oh no on the hitting thing! I guess you will have to be persistant with telling him not to do that, even though he can't really understand yet. Yikes. I don't know what to suggest. I am sure I will be there too one day and you can tell me what worked. LOL
Boy I am slow this week responding! I am loosing! just kidding!
That is exactly how we get ours to kiss by saying "kisses". My dad figured out if you nuzzle their necks they kiss too. :)
And I am SO glad (sorry) Celia isnt the only one her age who has hit. She did it a few times that day and (so far) hasn't done it again. My friend said" oh she is really good at showing her personality"
hmmmm...nice way to put it lol
They will learn. :)
Post a Comment