1 year ago
Monday, November 12, 2007
Croup
Brody has croup :(. Yesterday he had a runny nose, but nothing serious. I thought it was yet another tooth coming in. But then last night he woke up around 9:00pm with this very weird cough. Like a barking cough. Even his breathing sounded weird. So we turned on the humidifer and brought him to our bed because he was waking up Kat and we were worried about his breathing. He slept fine (we didn't) and today he seems better but has a very runny nose. The doctor's office said to keep a cool mist humidifier on him all day and if he starts the barking cough again to stick his head in the freezer - no joke! Only for about 1 minute. She said the cool mist should help him a lot. The nights seem to be the worse, so we are suppose to take him outside in the cool air if it happens tonight. If the cool air doesn't relieve his cough then she said to take him to the ER for a steriod shot. I'm praying that doesn't happen. It is a virus so most likely Kat will get it. Greg read online that it can last 5-6 days. Hopefully by Thanksgiving they are both healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope he recovers quick and that Kat, if she gets it, does too. Hope you are able to get some sleep when he does tonight.
I have heard the same thing! The cold air opens their lungs. I hope he is better by now:)
Post a Comment