Sunday, October 14, 2007

Race 4 the Cure








Today we did the Race 4 the Cure! We do this every year (except last year when I was on modified bed rest), but this year we walked it for the first time. I was a little nervous that Kat & Brody were not going to do well, but they did just fine. They napped the majority of the race and by the time they were getting fussy we were ready to go home. We did the walk with Gretchen, Ricky & Tyler (and baby Madison who is due soon :). Rick had to work and Laura is pregnant this year as well so they weren't able to do the walk. I was a bit paranoid about the sun so before the walk I ordered this stroller shade. We had some trouble with it, but eventually figured it out. I'm so glad we did because it was starting to get warm and sunny. Every year I also wear an "In Memory" sign with my mom's name on it. This year Kat & Brody got to have one that said grandma! What surprised Greg & I the most was after the race was over and we got home, Brody & Kat were in the greatest mood. They were so playful and laughing a lot. It was like they were telling us to take them out more. I'm sure they get bored being cooped up in the house with me everyday.

Oh, and the best part about the race was that we ran into our favorite NICU nurse from Phoenix Children's hospital. There had to have been 50,000 people at this race, so I couldn't believe it when I saw her. She was our favorite nurse while Kat & Brody were in the hospital for those 3 weeks. I think they were her favorite too because when she saw us she said "My babies!" and she hugged me. It was so wonderful to see her.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That is so great that you do the race! How special that they had Grandma shirts.
I've heard Phoenix Hosp. is awesome. There is a lady I know there w/ her 24 wkr in the NICU right now and they are taking such good care of her baby. Kat & Brody must've been in the perfect place!

Jim and Cindy said...

Oh my gosh girl, you have twins and run!!! You are my hero, Joanna...