Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Brody's therapy

Today Brody had his first physical therapy session. We have been having people out to our house for a few weeks, but they were mostly evaluating him. Today was also an evaluation, but the physical therapist did work with him a little and gave me some tips on working with him at home. He wasn't too happy today because I had to wake him from his nap to get to the appointment. I have been unsure if we still needed the therapy because he has been doing so well lately. He rolls over great and can pivot and turn on his stomach. He can move around, but not necessarily forwards or backwards. What we need to get him to start doing is sitting on his own and crawling. But Brody has always shown a pattern to do these things about 1.5 months behind Kat. I'm not too worried about it, but since we are already enrolled in the early intervention program we are going to stick with it. We can stay in the program until he is 3, and if he needs it after that we can stay longer. The therapist we talked to today said that she wanted him to be seen weekly for 3 months. Kat was also with us at the appointment and she was crawling around, grabbing the therapist's watch and paperwork - just being her usual curious self!

Also, Brody is getting his top 4 teeth. I can already feel one tooth so it has broken through, and I can see 3 other white spots. On top of that, his eczema is getting worse with the weather change and I have been putting tons of lotion on him. So he's not the happiest fella today, as you can see.

1 comment:

Jill said...

awwww! poor little guy! I just want to give him a big hug he is so sweet. I think it definitely can't hurt to stay in the early intervention program. especially since it is free! :) I hope he feels better soon - Aveeno has a lotion which helped Nicholas' eczema spots (you probably use something already though).