Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Utensils

We've been working on getting Quinn to use utensils when she eats. Okay, that's a lie. I just happened to set Kat's fork on Quinn's high chair tonight and she grabbed it and started using it. Which made me feel bad, because really I should be working on things like that with her. The same with the sippy cup. I was very diligent in practicing sippy cup usage with Kat and Brody when they were Quinn's age so that they could make the transition from bottle to cup by age one. But not so much with Quinn. Yet, she is pretty good with it because she just happens to find her brother and sister's cups laying around and starts drinking from them. When I see this I think "oh, poor girl. She must be thirsty. Good thing she found that cup of juice that has been sitting around all morning, slowly dripping on the ground". This has to qualify me for Mother of the Year award at least.

As far as the eating goes though, she is doing really great. With or without utensils. She wants to eat real food, not baby food. She loves avocados, bananas, pizza and any bread product. I've even given her strawberries and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Something I never would have done with Kat and Brody at that age. But she does really well with them and if she can hold her own food, she is happier. As you can see. Now if I can just get my three year olds to use their forks instead manhandling their dinner, I would be happy. :)


5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm laughing out loud at your quote on Quinn being lucky she found a cup cause thats SO my house too! I sometimes realize Aaron is fussy cause he hasn't eaten in like 4-5 hours and then I feel like the worst mom in the world! Anyway, you're not alone and I'm so happy I'm not alone either! lol

Jennifer said...

how funny! I just love reading your post Joanna! and I never realized how much Quinn looks like Brody until those last 2 pictures!!! She is a cutie!

Vicki said...

Quinn has the most adorable expressions!

Erin said...

LOVE IT!!! You and I both being babies of the family seemed to turn out OK in spite of the lack of formal "training." She'll be fine! And I just got the mother of the year award too- we should take a picture together with our awards ;)

Jim and Cindy said...

Oh my gosh...look at those teeth! She is doing awesome. And don't feel bad...everythign you said about doig or not doing with Quinn goes for us too. Sippy cup maybe once a month...forks maybe once a week...spoons-forget about it! I am too tired to clean up the mess so poor kid still sucks on a bottle at almost 1 1/2. Now THAT is bad!