Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Point & Shoot

Last night I was reaching into my nightstand to try and find a pen and I came across some old pictures of when Kat and Brody were first born. So I shuffled through them to quickly look and smile at them and ended up spending over an hour going through older pictures. Pictures my sister took of me at my baby shower with a Polaroid camera. She got one of me with every guest at my shower. Pictures of me pregnant with the twins. Pictures of me on bed rest at the hospital with the twins. Pictures of Kat and Brody being born. In the NICU. First day at home and so on and so on. I took pictures of EVERYTHING. Their first jeans, first shoes, first foods, first walk and more. My favorite, and the fewest ones I had, were the pictures of me holding them. And I realized I have barely any pictures of the three kids and me together. And even less of just me and Quinn. So I had Greg bust out my Canon Elph and take a few pictures of us. With no photoshop involved, no manual exposure, nothing. I'm going to try to make this a regular habit. I want these three kids to grow up with pictures of their mom. I cherish each and every picture I can find of me and my mom. And I search hard for pictures of me and Stephanie. I wish I had more. These memories are so important to me.





5 comments:

Jill said...

Good call Joanna. SO true!!! Quinn is looking SO big!

Iris said...

I like the way Quinn is eyeballing Kat.

Vicki said...

It's so great to see you in some of the photos! There are hardly any photos of me with the kids growing up, I guess that's why I take so many with my granddaughter.

Jennifer said...

Great pics of you Joanna! You look so young and youthful!! You are right though, as moms its hard to be in the pictures....something I need to do better at too! I was unloading my point and shoot the other night and it had all those same old pictures you were talking about and I realized there were like 2 pictures of me in there. I promised myself I would do better too!

jennbecc said...

So cute!