Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Flower picking

I took Kat out tonight to pick some flowers (her) and take some pictures (me). She enjoyed it until some gnats started flying around her. I enjoyed it because I know all these pretty wildflowers will soon be dead. I need to get as many pictures as I can with them before that happens because they are so pretty. Then we went shopping at Safeway, just the two of us. Such a little thing like that was so fun to do. She's getting to that age where it's fun to carry on a conversation. We can actually talk and connect. And I could tell she really enjoyed the one on one attention. It made me miss my sister and mom A LOT. I miss not having that special relationship that we all shared. Not having another girl to talk to and know that I am loved by them. And to share my trivial thoughts with. But I feel so blessed to know that I have Kat and Quinn to share that with in the future. Not that I don't love having a boy, but God must have known that two huge holes in my life needed to be filled with these girls. And to bond over flower picking.

1 comment:

Josephine said...

A beautiful post Joanna. Kat's a gorgeous little girl!

I'm enjoying the conversations with Maddie these days although your rite on with how it makes you miss your mom (sister).

Thinking of you :-)