Today the ice cream truck was circling the block and Kat and Brody stood here at the window for what seemed like ages just to get a glimpse of it. We haven't stopped the ice cream truck yet for ice cream, for some reason it just seems a little creepy to me. But I do remember as kids always running outside as soon as we heard the music. A lot of the times we'd be barefoot too, and in the hot Arizona sun that's like walking on hot coals. That's how little we cared and how badly we wanted the ice cream. I can't remember the type of ice cream I would get, but I distinctly remember my sister would get that big foot. You know, the one with gumballs for toes. If I didn't have such a disdain for anything gum, I would have gotten it too. Who could turn down a blue foot with toe gumballs?
1 year ago

5 comments:
what a cute pic and what a sweet story! I have very fond memories of the ice cream truck too...although we haven't let the boys stop it yet either, although it will be a while before ours starts up again!
I am not sure about there...but here that big foot is $5.75. The cheapest thing our "ice cream man" has is $4.25. I was flabbergasted! We only got ice cream from him once, lol!
I love the anticipation portrayed in Kat's stance... up on her toes!
That photo is priceless! Definitely a keeper!! I can actually feel the excitement they have as they are peering out at the "magical ice cream truck". I remember that as kids, too. We'd chase that truck down the block if we had to (if mom couldn't find her purse right away)! Funny thing is that our ice cream man doesn't start til after Memorial Day, so we have a long time to wait. Does yours run year round with the AZ heat?
The cutest picture EVER! And I agree with you, it is a little creepy to buy ice cream these days from random people.
Post a Comment