Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Self portrait

A little self-portrait of me and Quinn. Only, I'm hiding behind the camera as I frequently do. I actually got dressed today too, don't be fooled by the pajama-like appearance. To get dressed for the day I need to prepare the night before. That requires looking for clean clothes that don't require ironing. Setting them out in a convenient location so that I don't have to run upstairs to get dressed while I leave three kids unattended downstairs (or else I may come back downstairs to find Brody sticking his light saber in the ceiling fan). And squeezing in a hair and tooth brush, if I'm lucky. It was necessary though as we had a big day today. We can't walk into Target looking like we just rolled out of bed.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

i totally understand that! its like a special treat for mommy to get dressed! ha! and i think the pic of you hiding behind the camera is great, isn't that what mommies always do?

Heather said...

I am loving reading your blog Joanna! It's great to be able to feel connected even when our busy lives keep us somewhat isolated! Your family is beautiful!

Jill said...

You're so funny joanna. lol I'm excited to be dressed by 9am. I could never imagine getting 3 kids to daycare and to work by 8am or something.