Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just thinking

Just thinking about Stephanie and found this picture, which is one of my favorites, of the two of us with Riley. This was in California on one of our vacations. Much happier times. It's been two months now and some days it feels like only 2 days and others feels like 2 months. It's hard to explain, but it's like we just talked yesterday and at the same time it feels like we haven't talked in forever. A lot of days I just sort of imagine the conversation we'd have if I called her up right that minute. Maybe not so good for my mental health, but for a moment it feels like she's still here and only a phone call away. Boy, I miss her. So I can't even begin to imagine how it is for her husband and children and our dad. So if you get a moment to say a prayer for them I'd really appreciate it. Especially with Christmas so close. She loved this holiday so much.

9 comments:

Cass said...

I think about her everyday. I stopped in my tracks yesterday at Target when the woman next to me looked just like her. It was nice to almost see her, if that makes sense, but made me sad. Saying a prayer for all of you.

Jennifer said...

lifting you all up Joanna :(

jennbecc said...

I'll say a prayer for you guys too Joanna! Hugs!

The Hayes Family said...

Sending your family prayers. Love the picture of you two!

stephanie said...

big love and prayers for all of you.

Josephine said...

Joanna, I can't stand knowing just how you feel, but I do. Your rite on when you say it's like 2 days or 2 months, I replay our conversations over and over again, I'm suer it's not healthy, but I do it regardless. I do things, make things, create things....then wonder what she would say or think. It's haunting.

Your constantly in my prayers, daily.

Jim and Cindy said...

You know Joanna, I do the same thing with my Grandma. I make a comment out loud to her and I can just imagine what she is saying back to me. Then I go back and forth in my head. I think that is ok. I think it does help to make our loved ones feel near. Praying for you all.

Jill said...

Beautiful picture Joanna. :) Hugs to you!!!

Brooke said...

Hugs and prayers going out to you and your family. It's a really hard time of year and will be for many years to come, but I think the first year really is the worst.