Thursday, November 26, 2009

A day of thanks at the park


This year in light of everything that has been going on, we decided to do something for thanksgiving and head to the park. It was something different and turned out to be a nice change. I'm not sure if we'll do it every year, but this year it was a good thing to do. It was great weather - 80 degrees and a little windy. Perfect for flying the kite my dad bought. And we pretty much had the whole park to ourselves to run the kids ragged. It was also the first thanksgiving in my 34 years that I didn't spend with my sister. That part was tough. It didn't feel right that she wasn't there and I'm sure Christmas will be even harder as that was her favorite holiday. But I'm so thankful for the 34 years that I did have with her. I have many things to be thankful for in my life. The fact that I even got to have a sister is a top one right now. My three kids that I never imagined I would have 3 years ago. My husband who loves me, even at my worst. My mom who I miss so very much - I'm thankful that I have so many happy memories of her. My dad who means the world to me and is the one person keeping me stable right now. Paula & Mandi, my 'new' mom and sister who I love very much. Stephanie's girl - I'm SO grateful for them. My in-laws, my wonderful friends - the list could go on and on. Here are a few pictures of the people I'm very thankful for. Unfortunately, Kat isn't in any of them. She was probably running around on a sugar rush somewhere. But I am VERY thankful for her as well. Happy Thanksgiving.





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

looks like a fun outing despite everything Joanna! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I love you, Joanna. You are a beautiful, loving, and extremely talented woman! I've never posted on your blog before... I thought it was time I became part of your cyber life;) Your sister- Mandi