Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This time last year...

I was in the hospital on bed rest. I was having daily migraines that no drugs would get rid of, and I was swelling up like a balloon because of the pre-eclampsia. But I was also feeling a sense of relief because I knew we were at a good spot in the pregnancy (almost 35 weeks) and I was getting anxious to meet Kat & Brody. Just thought I'd share two days before their birth date.

(ps - I have no idea what I was watching - something about Dynasty? That TV was also a computer and it kept breaking on me. I was so depressed when it broke because it was my one sanity in that hospital room).

8 comments:

Jill said...

I like these "this time last year" pictures and posts. Its amazing how things can change in a year. You looked really swollen in the picture compared to now. I am excited for Feb 1st for you, Greg, Brody and Kat too!!!! Can you believe it???

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jill, I just love the 'last year at this time' pictures and stories! Isn't it amazing how much life can change in one year?

jennbecc said...

Love it! I hope you enjoyed the GIGANTICAL brownie pictured in the corner. :) I'ts almost here!!! Happy almost birthday Kat & Brody!

Peggy said...

I can't even imagine what it must have been like! You made it through and have 2 beautiful sweet soon to be TODDLERS! What a journey:) So, tomorrow is the big day? Can't wait to see pics!

Peggy said...

Oh yeah, that is a monster brownie there! How come you did not eat it?!?!

Joanna said...

You girls are funny - I ate it. And I probably asked for another one afterwards :).

Katie said...

Lucky you got to eat a brownie! I had gestational diabetes and had to be a healthy eater while on bedrest. Boooooo

But, then again, I was fortunate to be at home on bedrest and not in the hospital. That must have been tough. Were you on Sidelines, too?

Joanna said...

Katie - I wasn't on sidelines, I had never heard of it before Jill. I wish I had known because it would have helped me pass the time. It sounds like such a neat deal!