
This time of year our tortoise, Boris, is out roaming the yard a lot. He always passes the patio doors and lately Brody & Kat have been noticing him. I figure they should meet soon because I am sure Boris will out live Greg & I and will have to go to live with Kat or Brody's family some day. He is an African Spurred Tortoise and he makes a great pet. He's super friendly, doesn't bite, and likes to be around people. But he also loves to eat and can go through a head of lettuce a day - not to mention carrots and zucchini. He also loves fruit, but that is special treat he only gets every once in awhile because it's not the greatest food for him. He's also really heavy. About a month after my c-section, I was loading the babies up in the car for a doctor's appointment when all the sudden I noticed Boris out in the driveway. He had gotten through the side garage door. He was moving pretty fast and there was no way I could lift him. I had to run over and get my neighbor to help. By the time my neighbor was able to help he was already cruising down the street eating the flowers out of our neighbors yard. He has become the neighborhood pet and the kids love him and ask about him often. He's a very good tort!

1 comment:
Wow that is so neat! I really like Tortoises. Can the babies ride him later on when they are older? That is just so cool that he can live in your backyard like that. Very cool!!!
Post a Comment